How To Install a WordPress Plugin - Step by Step for Beginners
In this session what you are going to do is continue with the WordPress build. In the previous session you set up the domain & you set up your hosting with WP engine with that came a default install of WordPress.
Considerations For Your WordPress Installation
- before you add content to the installation of WordPress – make a master backup of the WordPress installation, the database and the theme you have installed and configured
- Install your WordPress plugins you use often
Here is a list of that you can find in WordPress repository
WordPress Installation - Ready with plugins & Theme
Some things to consider at this stage.
- The installation is at a stage now where you can make a clone and you can create a mirror site, example blog.domain.com.
- PLESK and CPANEL have these features typically.
- If you not using either its good to make a complete backup using UpDraft Plus (backup plugin)
- Updraft Plus makes backups to many cloud services